Semi skimmed milk
Mashed very ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
Egg whites, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly spray bottom only of loaf tin (9 x 5-inch) with cooking spray
- In medium bowl, combine oats and milk; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in mashed bananas, egg substitute and oil until blended.
- In large separate bowl, combine flour, sweetener or sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; mix well.
- Add oat and banana mixture to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (do not over mix).
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Store tightly wrapped.