Quaker Gluten Free Oats
Large onion, cut lengthwise into quarters
2 stalks celery, cut into approximately 2-inch pieces
Thyme leaves, crushed
Freshly ground pepper
Grated fresh ginger
Low-sodium vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 230 °C
- Line 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Place 60g oats in food processor or blender. Process until finely ground; remove from food processor.
- Place cauliflower, onion and celery in large bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk together turmeric, thyme and salt, if desired. Stir in oil. Add to vegetables.
- Toss until well coated with turmeric mixture. Place vegetables on baking sheet.
- Add freshly ground pepper, as desired.
- Roast 15 minutes; stir and continue roasting 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cool vegetables slightly. Place in food processor or blender.
- Add ginger and 120ml broth. Process until pureed, adding additional broth if necessary.
- Transfer pureed vegetables to large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add remaining broth.
- Stir in ground oats. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining oats.
- Continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes or until oats are softened, stirring frequently. Add water or additional broth, if desired for consistency.
COOK NOTE: Carrot pieces (about 2-inch pieces) can be substituted for cauliflower. Or half cauliflower and half carrots can be used.