- Gluten Free Quaker Rolled Oat flour (make your own by blending in food processor)
- Caster sugar
- ground ginger
- Baking powder
1 1/2 tsp
- Bicarbonate of Soda
- Sunflower seeds
- pinch of salt
- Very ripe bananas, mashed
- Almond Milk
- apple cider vinegar
- 1 flax egg - 1 Tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 3 Tbsp water
- Jumbo rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin pan or use muffin liners.
- In a mug or small bowl mix together the ground flax and water and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a medium-sized bowl, mash the bananas and add remaining wet ingredients to the bananas and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour wet mixture into dry and stir until just combined. If adding any nuts, seeds or fruit, fold those in now.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan and sprinkle the tops with coconut.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container.
How long they keep for:
Note: Cassava flour can be substituted for 80g of All Purpose Flour