pinch of cinnamon
Semi skimmed milk
Frozen summer berries
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Core, peel and cut the apples into small squares.
- Combine the milk and apple pieces with the dry ingredients.
- Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks and gently fold into the oat mixture.
- Place the berries and sugar in a pan.
- Place on a high heat, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until the berries start to break down and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Heat a drop of oil in a non-stick pan and place 1 1/2 tbsp of pancake mixture in the pan.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve warm with the compote.
Makes approx 6 small pancakes.