Large eating apples, cored, peeled and grated
- Preheat oven 180°C /gas mark 5.
- Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan over a gentle heat.
- Remove from the heat and mix in oats and grated apple.
- Press half the mixture into the base of the baking tray.
- Spread the mashed blackberries over the top.
- Add the remainder of the mixture.
- Place tray in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
You will need an 20 cm square baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and a saucepan.
Note: This is an indulgent recipe and should be consumed as part of a healthy balanced diet.