- Plain flour
Semi skimmed milk
Egg, lightly beaten
Golden syrup, warmed
Banana slices (optional)
Coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- In medium bowl, combine banana slices and sugar; stir to coat slices with sugar. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, egg and oil; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Heat griddle over medium-high heat (or preheat electric skillet or griddle to 190°C). Lightly grease griddle.
- For each pancake, pour scant 60ml batter onto hot griddle.
- Top with four or five banana slices. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Serve with warm syrup and, if desired, additional banana slices and nuts.