A big cooking apple - preferably Bramleys
Raisins, chopped apricots or other dried fruit
Juice and zest of a lemon
Semi skimmed Milk
A generous grating of nutmeg
- Grate the apple into a big bowl and remove the core, we leave the skin on but peel if preferred
- Grate lemon peel into apple and squeeze lemon juice over it to prevent it going brown, stir well.
- Add Quaker Oats, use your judgement, it doesn’t want to be too stodgy.
- Add a generous grating of nutmeg.
- Add dried fruit as available - a handful of raisins or blueberries or whatever you have (nuts and seeds do are not recommended).
- Finally stir in enough milk to your preferred consistency.
- Serve with a little additional milk.