NUTRITION AND INGREDIENTS
- Question: How many calories in porridge?
- Answer: Our porridge typically ranges between 100-150 calories, per portion, without milk. See individual products for specific calorie information.
- Question: Is porridge a carbohydrate?
- Answer: Oats are a good source of carbohydrate.
- Question: Is porridge good for weight loss?
- Answer: Oats are naturally low in fat and high in fibre, but should be consumed as part of a varied and balanced diet, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Question: Does porridge contain wheat?
- Answer: Our products do not contain wheat ingredients, but due to farming practices, our Quaker Oats products may contain traces of wheat.
- Question: Is porridge high in fibre?
- Answer: Quaker Oats are 100% wholegrain and are a good source of fibre.
- Question: Does porridge help to lower cholesterol?
- Answer: Each serving of porridge (27g) contains 33% of the 3g of oat beta glucan suggested per day to help lower cholesterol, as part of a varied and balanced diet, and a healthy lifestyle. Reducing cholesterol helps to maintain a healthy heart.
- Question: Does Quaker Oats So Simple sachets contain added sugar?
- Answer: The sugar in our flavoured porridges is equivalent to just over 1 teaspoon - about the same amount if you were to add the sugar in yourselves. We also provide products that have no added sugar, such as our Original sachets.
PREPARATION & RECIPES
- Question: How do I make Quaker Oat So Simple Sachets?
- Answer: It only takes 2 minutes to prepare perfect porridge:
In the microwave:
- Tear open the sachet along the tear line
- Pour the oats out into a microwaveable bowl
- Use the sachet to measure the milk - fill to the milk line (180ml)
- Pour the sachet of milk into the bowl and mix
- Place the bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes on full power (Cat E min 800w)
- Ping, stir and enjoy
- We have prepared a handy video to show you how to make Quaker Oat So Simple sachets in the microwave. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaExS-quvoQ
On the hob:
- Simply boil 180ml (one sachet) of milk in a saucepan.
- Stir in contents of one sachet of oats
- Simmer for 2 mins or until milk is absorbed, stirring occasionally
- Question: How do I make traditional Quaker Oats?
In the microwave:
To Serve Ingredients Cooking Time 1 40g (3/4 cup) 300ml (1 cup) 4 minutes 3 1/2 minutes 1 80g (1 1/2 cups) 600ml (3 cups) 6 1/2 minutes 6 minutes
Quaker Oats Milk / Water Category D (min 700W) Category E (min 800W) 1 40g (3/4 cup) 300ml (1 cup) 4 minutes 3 1/2 minutes 2 80g (1 1/2 cups) 600ml (3 cups) 6 1/2 minutes 6 minutes
On the hob:
Mix 40g of Quaker Oats with 300ml of milk (or cold water) in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
OATS & PORRIDGE
- Question: What is granola?
- Answer: Granola is a breakfast cereal made of rolled cereals and syrup, additions such a nuts or dried fruits are usually added.
- Question: What is oatmeal?
- Answer: Oatmeal is made from ground oat groats that can then be used to make a things such as porridge and oatcakes.
- Question: Is oatmeal the same as porridge?
- Answer: Oatmeal is the American name for porridge.
- Question: What is porridge?
- Answer: Porridge is the name for oats cooked with milk or water.
- Question: Can you eat raw oats?
- Answer: Yes, you can eat rolled oats without cooking them as during the milling process they are cleaned and heat treated.
- Question: What are oat groats?
- Answer: A groat is an oat that has been cleaned and hulled (had the outer shell removed). These are then rolled and steamed to produce traditional porridge oats
- Question: What are steel cut oats?
- Answer: Steel cut oats are whole oats that have not been rolled in to flakes. Instead they are cut roughly into thirds and look a bit like a pin head
- Question: What are quick oats?
- Answer: Quick oats are oats the Traditional porridge oats that have been rolled but which are then simply cut into slightly smaller pieces so they cook faster.
QUAKER PORRIDGE TO GO
- Question: What flavours & packs are available in the Quaker Porridge-To-Go range?
- Golden Syrup 2 x 55g (duo pack)
- Strawberry, Raspberry, Cranberry 2 x 55g (duo pack)
- Cinnamon 2 x 55g (duo pack)
- Golden Syrup 55g (single bar)
- Strawberry, Raspberry, Cranberry 55g (single bar)
- Question: Where can I buy Quaker Porridge-To-Go?
- Answer: Tesco, Sainsburys, ASDA, Morrisons, COOP, Waitrose, Ocado, WHSmiths, Boots and other independent outlets
- Question: Where is Quaker Porridge-To-Go located in store?
- Answer: In most stores you will find us in the cereal aisle, next to porridge pots.
- Question: How can I enjoy Quaker Porridge-To-Go warm?
- Answer: Quaker Porridge-To-Go can be enjoyed warm or cold. To heat; tear end off film and heat in a microwave for 10 sec, allow to stand for 1 minute inside the microwave. Warning: product may be hot.
- Question: Can you explain what the ‘same amount of oats’ disclaimer means?
Answer: Quaker Porridge-To-Go contains the same amount of oats as a bowl of porridge*
*when made with a 27g sachet of Oats So Simple.
- Question: What are the benefits of Quaker Porridge-To-Go?
- 100% whole grain oats
- A source of fibre & calcium
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Why not get in touch. All our contact details are here.